Sunny fiesta weekend leads to a gloomy rainy week?

We went to Plaza Azteca on Quatro de Mayo & accidentally forgot Noah's pacifier. He had a brief meltdown, but it did not occur until we got back to our vehicle. He woke up from his nap as soon as we placed our lunch order & gave me the sad chin pout. I had his Pooh bear rattle & monkey teething toy. Those toys + me slowly rocking him in his stroller kept him semi-content for the entire 30 minute meal.

Personally, I think he was just annoyed by the valley girl wannabe talking loudly in the booth behind us. She was with a guy friend or significant other, and went on & on about how good she looked in whatever photos she was showing him. She talked badly about her so-called friends on "the Facebook" and said she would definitely be "one of those annoying pregnant ladies someday". Her companion asked if she would be like one of their mutual friends & she responded, "Oh no! She's my friend, but sooooo gross!" Geez... what a peach!

I guess it's also possible that Noah was annoyed with our waiter, who was desperately trying to hit on a "model" chick sitting 3 booths back. She was eating alone & he struck up a conversation about modeling, right as we finished our lunch & waited for our check. My husband gave our waitor the stare down as he continued to ignore us & talk to this chick. Noah let out a loud annoyed squeal which, combined with my husband's eye contact, finally got his attention for the check.

Any ways, I'm glad it wasn't too busy in the restaurant & that Noah decided to hold off screaming until we left. It was still an hour before his next feeding, but his grumpy attitude made me think he was hungry. Hubby pulled into a Harris Teeter parking lot to buy a spare pacifier, while I took the Mini Ninja out of his car seat & attempted to feed him. He was not happy with cold milk & refused to eat. Of course, since I exclusively pump & have never been able to get him to latch on, I really did NOT want to attempt breast feeding again in this crowded parking. However, I was so desperate that I actually started to pull off my shirt & get my boob out when hero hubby returned with 3 different pacifiers...lol! Noah dozed off with the pacifier & we went home to warm his bottle & feed him. I swear it was one of the most stressful hours of my life....

Cinco de Mayo was our day of rest & relaxation... well, to some extent. I spent the day making homemade salsa & simmering chicken breasts with tomatoes, onions, jalepeno peppers, garlic, hot sauce & EVOO in the crock pot. We had chicken nachos for lunch/dinner. Noah was in a pretty good mood. He & daddy hung out on his play mats, doing tummy time & practicing squeals & giggles. Our hungry baby actually ate 7 oz during his evening bottle & then fell asleep hardcore for 5 hours. I guess that's considered "sleeping thru the night".

Monday morning the skies looked gloomy. The clouds were grey & threatened rain. However, the sun decided to make an appearance & it appeared rather warm & balmy outside. I was tempted to take Noah for a ride to the beach, but I figured we should wait for a day when Surfer Ninja hubby is off of work. Noah's latest adorable-nap-time-thing is to fall asleep clutching his favorite Eeyore lovey. Apparently, he developed a fondness for Eeyore from his original Winnie the Pooh bassinet. During tummy time, he would gaze at the hanging Eeyore stuffed animal mobile attachment & coo at it. My husband & I joke that Eeyore is Noah's best friend.

Tuesday was supposed to a be a total rainout. It did indeed rain quite a bit, but the sun made a brief appearance. We spent the day with grandma & grandpa at the store. My sweet, caring & loving husband spent his lunch break driving out of his way to get me my bank card because I had forgotten to get it back from him after our weekend grocery shopping extravaganza. I called him worried because my gas light turned on & when I stopped to get gas I realized I did not have my card or any cash. I told him I could probably make it home or ask my mom to borrow a few bucks. Worried hubby didn't want me & the baby to get stuck or run out of gas on our way home, so he drove 30 minutes out of his way & skipped eating lunch. I truly do love that man...

Today the sun is peaking out from behind the cloudy skies. Things, in general, are starting to look up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that certain things go over smoothly & we are able to move forward with the home buying experience. We found a few other cute houses that we want to view before making a decision. There's a cute rancher in a decent area. The fence could use a little work & the shed in the backyard should probably be torn down. The shed actually looks like a mini-barn. Hubby peaked inside & said the interior looks good. The neighborhood looked pretty quiet, although the next door neighbor had 5 cars parked, including a limo from the 80's. I found that rather fascinating. Two of the other houses are off of busy roads, which makes me nervous. I have a feeling Noah is going to be a rather rambunctious toddler & I worry that a busy road could be too dangerous. Hubby thinks we should check out one of the houses, just because the price is soooo low. We shall see.

Any ways, until next time.... XoXo - HMBC


Comments