Kimchi ramen with tofu + my favorite guys = a great evening

I've been using the crockpot ALOT these past few weeks. From pulled bbq chicken to pot roast to Brunswick stew to yesterday's creation of kimchee ramen with tofu. I'm attempting to eat healthier & save money by actually cooking verses spending $$ on crappy takeout.

My check up appointment with my OB/GYN went pretty well yesterday. The doctor said she can no longer feel the fibroid. Blood pressure is still high, so I'm staying on the meds...yay. It appears from the 20lbs that I lost at the 6 weeks postpartum check up, 5 of those lbs decided to sneak back on. Sooo, now my goal is to lose at least 45lbs by November. I'm not sure if this is going to happen. On another note, all the nurses & receptionists oooh'ed and ahhh'ed over Noah. He's such a ladies man... totally flashed them all his dazzling gummy smile, while his sparkling blue eyes lit up from all the attention.

With regards to the house, we've run into a tiny hurdle. I am describing it as "tiny" because I know there are a few different options available to us. Either we avoid the hurdle or attempt to jump over it. I think we're going to jump. Maybe we'll land on our butt and be a little bruised. Hopefully, we won't break our tailbones... lol... Jumping the hurdle & maybe getting it resolved seems like a better choice, at least in the long run.

I knew the home buying process was going to be somewhat complex. The paperwork & contract stuff isn't too bad. However, it's all the hoops we have to jump through in order to prove something rather simple & logical. If our current rent is WAAAAY more than what a projected hypothetical monthly mortgage payment would be, why is that not sufficient evidence that we can handle the loan? I understand all the numbers have to add up and crunch properly. It makes perfect sense that a loaner would be hesitant to give such a large sum of dinero to first time home buyers.

Sooo, now we have to find a way to get my husband's name off of a loan that he co-signed for his mother. He's been in contact with an attorney, so hopefully everything will work out. Even if this house is not meant to be ours, we still need to get his name off of that loan, for the sake of protecting our credit, etc... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that cooperation from all parties involved will occur.

Any ways, it looks gorgeous outside. Noah actually went almost 7 hours between feedings last night. Last feeding was at 8PM & we put him in the pack & play around 9ish. He woke up around 9:30PM & wanted his pacifier + kicked off the light blanket off of his legs. I swear this kid hates being covered up. He woke up again around 2:45AM for a feeding & a snack around 5:30AM. I think he only woke up at 5:30AM because his daddy's alarm clock woke him up. He was in quite a playful mood & only guzzled down 1oz before falling asleep in my arms. Of course, I took the opportunity to pump, but in my sleepy-pre-coffee-state-of-mind, I started to doze off & ended up with milk overflowing from the left boob. Milk all over the sofa & all over my legs. Fun times.

Noah woke up again around 6:45AM, so I let him finish the 2oz from the previous bottle. We then did our daily "good morning" call to grandma. I swear his face lights up every morning when he hears my mom's voice on speakerphone. She always says (in her semi-thick Korean accent), "Good morning Noah! Be good baby today & don't give your mama a hard time. Grandma love you..." He gets so excited & usually kicks his little legs in delight. Sometimes he'll coo or squeal at the phone, but he usually saves those for face-to-face encounters.

Now it's almost 9AM & I'm contemplating breakfast. I was craving chocolate last night & caved to the craving by making brownies. Yeah, my healthy eating track went out the window for a brief hour last night. Hubby & I ate 2 1/2 brownies each & I downed another 1 1/2 earlier this morning. At least I didn't have any sugar in my 1/2 cup of coffee this morning (only because we ran out of sugar yesterday). I've never had a sweet tooth until during my pregnancy with Noah. It just stuck around after  he arrived. Not a good thing when you're still trying to get rid of the extra weight.

Well, I better get my butt in gear & get to work. I am so thankful that I get to work with family part-time & bring Noah with me. I know eventually, (if I start working full-time somewhere else) I may have to put him in daycare, so I am savoring every moment I can. I have so much respect for all the hardworking mamas out there, who have to spend time away from their little one to bring home the bacon. It's hard enough for me to just be away from Noah for a few hours every now & then....lol...

Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC

Comments