A weekend of awesomeness....

My 1st Mother's Day was pretty awesome. Hubby booked me a day of pampering at the Spa at Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg. Afterwards, we headed to my parents' house for dinner. Lane grilled chicken, veggies & brats while my mom & I hung out with Noah. Dad arrived with sodas just as the food was being set on the table. Truly a day of relaxation & yumminess. We got my mom an azalea plant in a cute flower box that looks like a white picket fence + a Mother's Day cookie. From Noah, we got her one of those Hallmark handprint/footprint gifts (a frame with his footprints) + a mug with his 2 of his photos & one with her holding him + a framed artwork displaying something sentimental about grandmas & personalized with Noah's name. Overall, it was a great day!

The day before (Saturday) we went on the house hunting spree again. We had planned to view 5 houses, but stopped after the 3rd & decided to make an offer on the first house.... the one with the eclectic bathroom. Before we walked in, I said I thought this one was "the one". Lane laughed & replied that I said that about every house we've seen thus far. When we walked it, there was an immediate feeling of warmth. I adore the colors that the owners chose for all of the rooms. The living room is open & rather large. It spills into a small dining area/breakfast nook that connects with the kitchen. I liked how the kitchen & dining area walls had a slight contrast of light blues. There is a "Florida room" aka sunroom attached to the kitchen. The sellers use it as an office & the walls, including the brick parts are painted a glossy orange. Our agent mentioned she would paint the room a sunny yellow... I guess to tone down the brightness of the overall room, but I might actually like the orange.

The backyard is rather large, although the actual acreage seems low. It's partially fenced in & it appears there may have been a detached garage at one point. The cement is still in place & the sellers currently use the area as a spot to grill & sit around one of those fire pits. There is also a small area fenced in right off of the sliding glass doors for their puppy... a cute idea, but it might be better to just have the entire backyard fenced in.

The house has 3 bedrooms & 2 full bathrooms. The closet space is rather limited, but we could downsize our wardrobes or invest in an actual dresser verses the "buffet" that I bought because it looked cool. The master bathroom is a bit dated & reminds me of the bathroom in the house I grew up in. It has yellow tiles all over.... floor, walls, shower, etc. I think the sink was yellow too & there were those attached yellow toothbrush holders. The guest bathroom is a bit more appealing.... at least to me. It has an uber modern blue glass sink with a unique facet. The storage space has cabinet doors painted black with blue & white swirly face plates. It's rather different & the blue glass bathroom accessories that I purchased from World Market last year will fit perfectly. The mirror above the sink has built it nooks & crannies, so it's a different spin off of a normal medicine cabinet.

Any ways, we met with the loan officer yesterday evening & took care of the loan paperwork. There's a few additional documents that we need to get to her, but for the most part everything seems to be moving forward. Our inspection is scheduled for next week & I am hoping everything goes well. I figured I would hold off on the 60 days notice to vacate our apartment until after the inspection. I'm slowly starting to get our stuff organized for packing & trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible. I swear between the two of us & over the past 2 years, we have donated over 50 boxes of stuff to the Salvation Army & Goodwill. I already have 2 medium size boxes & 2 small bags of clothes, books, CD/DVDs ready to be donated.

Noah is almost 6 months old & he amazes me every single day. He finally did the back to belly roll. This morning he was practicing his new skill in the pack & play bassinet, rolling from back to belly & then belly to back. He was squealing & giggling while I brushed my teeth. It was adorable. I'm fairly certain he is teething now. He has been drooling excessively & gnawing on everything he can get his hands on.... teething rings, toys, burp cloths, mommy & daddy's fingers, his socks... 

Yesterday, he started tugging on his ear during one of his whiney moments. I was worried he might have an ear infection. Checked his temperature, but it was normal. He started chewing on my finger hardcore & I am fairly certain I could feel something hard emerging on his bottom gums. I think his grumpy whines were simply his gums bothering him. 

Noah has also found his feet & started army crawling whenever I place toys infront of him during tummy time. I place them far enough for him to have to reach forward. He has figured out that the reaching motion, along with his wiggly butt movement causes him to inch forward. It's amazing to watch his eyes light up when he masters new skills. I love watching him when something is a new challenge. He furrows his brow in a puzzled or inquisitive manner & just lights up when he finds a solution or understands whatever is in question.

Any ways, since my husband has made contact with his mother & we decided to abide by her request for a photo of Noah, I am a bit more comfortable sharing some here.  

Here's my little man at 5 months old... This one is one of my favorites...

Here's one with him on his surf board.

Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC


Comments