Korean BBQ + happy baby = Friday night delight
Noah was playing on his Fisher Price Discover 'N Grow Kick & Play Piano while reruns of Grey's Anatomy was on TV. He still hasn't mastered the back to tummy roll, but he likes to position himself on his side or tilt his head so he can see the screen. After 10 minutes, he decided he was bored & began to protest his play mat. So, we moved to the swing & 37 minutes later, he's taking his afternoon siesta.
I decided to throw in 3 semi-frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot with some sesame oil, onion & Korean BBQ sauce jazzed up with a few additional ingredients (mixed in some hot red pepper paste + soy sauce + rice vinegar + green onions + sesame seeds + sugar water). The aroma of yumminess has enveloped my apartment. I plan to make some veggie stir fry & rice too, but was hoping hubby would be home early, in case Noah starts to get fussy while cooking. I already prepped the veggies... chopped some yellow squash, onion, carrots, mushrooms... might toss in the remaining baby spinach, along with a bit of soy sauce & sesame oil. I miss my Elephant rice cooker. I accidently left it behind during my last move. My parents gave me a cheap rice cooker + steamer that works fine. It cooks the rice quickly, which is great, but the rice just doesn't taste the same to me.
Any ways, the loan officer contacted me & let me know the amount we are approved for until we get my husband's name off as a co-signer for his mother's mortgage or convince her to provide documentation that she (or her renter) has made payments for the past 12 months. Ironically, I continued looking for houses online & found a few others that I really want to see. Maybe this has been a blessing in disguise. Perhaps, we would have been settling, if we were able to make an offer on that brick rancher. It did only have 1 1/2 bathrooms & no dishwasher, which I was willing to sacrifice because of the large fenced in backyard.
On another note, my amazingly awesome husband let me know that he scheduled me a spa day at Kingsmill for Mother's Day. I am sooooo excited & grateful!! He booked the Lomi Lomi massage + a facial + mani/pedi. I haven't had a day of pampering since before Noah was born! Actually, it's been almost a year! I had a mani/pedi & facial before our wedding last June. My Surfer Ninja husband rocks!!
Until next time... XoXo - HMBC
I decided to throw in 3 semi-frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot with some sesame oil, onion & Korean BBQ sauce jazzed up with a few additional ingredients (mixed in some hot red pepper paste + soy sauce + rice vinegar + green onions + sesame seeds + sugar water). The aroma of yumminess has enveloped my apartment. I plan to make some veggie stir fry & rice too, but was hoping hubby would be home early, in case Noah starts to get fussy while cooking. I already prepped the veggies... chopped some yellow squash, onion, carrots, mushrooms... might toss in the remaining baby spinach, along with a bit of soy sauce & sesame oil. I miss my Elephant rice cooker. I accidently left it behind during my last move. My parents gave me a cheap rice cooker + steamer that works fine. It cooks the rice quickly, which is great, but the rice just doesn't taste the same to me.
Any ways, the loan officer contacted me & let me know the amount we are approved for until we get my husband's name off as a co-signer for his mother's mortgage or convince her to provide documentation that she (or her renter) has made payments for the past 12 months. Ironically, I continued looking for houses online & found a few others that I really want to see. Maybe this has been a blessing in disguise. Perhaps, we would have been settling, if we were able to make an offer on that brick rancher. It did only have 1 1/2 bathrooms & no dishwasher, which I was willing to sacrifice because of the large fenced in backyard.
On another note, my amazingly awesome husband let me know that he scheduled me a spa day at Kingsmill for Mother's Day. I am sooooo excited & grateful!! He booked the Lomi Lomi massage + a facial + mani/pedi. I haven't had a day of pampering since before Noah was born! Actually, it's been almost a year! I had a mani/pedi & facial before our wedding last June. My Surfer Ninja husband rocks!!
Until next time... XoXo - HMBC
Comments
Post a Comment