Chubby cheeks....
.... look great on a baby, but not so great on a 30 year old mama. A couple weeks ago, I finally purchased the Graco Snugrider Elite Stroller Frame & started to get my boo-tay-tay on track. Okay, so I haven't walked around my apartment's lake every single day, but I have made an effort to get out there a few times a week. Also, when I'm at my parents' store, I walk around & push Noah in the stroller to help him nap. Even when he falls asleep, I usually continue walking around for the purpose of exercise.
I started buying healthier foods again... more fresh veggies & fruits... less easy-to-make yummy processed crap. We cut out a lot of the fast food for the sake of saving money & that has made a huge difference. I've always been big on H2O vs soda, so it hasn't been an issue cutting back on sugary beverages. However, I still crave pop-tarts on a daily basis - a repercussion of pregnancy?
This morning, I made myself an egg white omelette with diced tomato, baby spinach, onion & low fat mozzarella cheese. I skipped the salt & sprinkled a bit of Mrs. Dash + black pepper. The omelette paired with a nice warm cup of java made my morning a bit brighter... well, until the little one decided to wake up from his brief nap in a rather grumpy mood. Apparently, he wanted to eat too (:
Lunch consisted of leftover homemade jambalaya. I made this 2 nights ago with shrimp, hot smoked sausage, a bit of leftover lean ground beef (from nacho/taco salad night - the night before), okra, tomato, shredded carrots, garlic, onion, sweet peas, tomato sauce, habanero & jalapeno hot sauce. Apparently, Lane liked my version of jambalaya, since he ate it for breakfast the past couple of mornings.
Any ways, it looks gorgeous outside & I am tempted to wake Noah & put him in the stroller. I think I'll fight the temptation & simply wait for him to wake on his own. He's been Mr. Grumpy Pants today. However, even with his clingy attitude, I've still managed to get a load of laundry done (washed, dried folded & put away), unload the dishwasher, pump breast milk twice, wash & sterilize bottles & pump parts, create the grocery list, eat breakfast & lunch + watch Michael Buble on the Today Show.
It's now 1:30 PM & I truly wish I had more SAHM or part-time working chick friends... or just more chick friends with kids, in general. It gets boring at times & I'm sure my older cousin is probably tired of me constantly texting to chat about baby stuff. She had her 2nd baby about a month after me. Her first was a micro-preemie & the newest addition was born a couple of weeks early. I wished they lived closer.... sigh....
I messaged my bestie yesterday & informed her that we desperately need a Girls' Day Out filled with mani/pedis & lunch. I just realized that I haven't seen her since my birthday - 12/21/12. Time really does fly when you're having fun.... or in our case when life gets busy. I know she's been busy with a death in the family, new job, enjoying the married life, etc. We text/call each other every now & then, but sometimes we let too much time pass before getting together.
Well, back to online house hunting & killing time... until next time... XoXo - HMBC
I started buying healthier foods again... more fresh veggies & fruits... less easy-to-make yummy processed crap. We cut out a lot of the fast food for the sake of saving money & that has made a huge difference. I've always been big on H2O vs soda, so it hasn't been an issue cutting back on sugary beverages. However, I still crave pop-tarts on a daily basis - a repercussion of pregnancy?
This morning, I made myself an egg white omelette with diced tomato, baby spinach, onion & low fat mozzarella cheese. I skipped the salt & sprinkled a bit of Mrs. Dash + black pepper. The omelette paired with a nice warm cup of java made my morning a bit brighter... well, until the little one decided to wake up from his brief nap in a rather grumpy mood. Apparently, he wanted to eat too (:
Lunch consisted of leftover homemade jambalaya. I made this 2 nights ago with shrimp, hot smoked sausage, a bit of leftover lean ground beef (from nacho/taco salad night - the night before), okra, tomato, shredded carrots, garlic, onion, sweet peas, tomato sauce, habanero & jalapeno hot sauce. Apparently, Lane liked my version of jambalaya, since he ate it for breakfast the past couple of mornings.
Any ways, it looks gorgeous outside & I am tempted to wake Noah & put him in the stroller. I think I'll fight the temptation & simply wait for him to wake on his own. He's been Mr. Grumpy Pants today. However, even with his clingy attitude, I've still managed to get a load of laundry done (washed, dried folded & put away), unload the dishwasher, pump breast milk twice, wash & sterilize bottles & pump parts, create the grocery list, eat breakfast & lunch + watch Michael Buble on the Today Show.
It's now 1:30 PM & I truly wish I had more SAHM or part-time working chick friends... or just more chick friends with kids, in general. It gets boring at times & I'm sure my older cousin is probably tired of me constantly texting to chat about baby stuff. She had her 2nd baby about a month after me. Her first was a micro-preemie & the newest addition was born a couple of weeks early. I wished they lived closer.... sigh....
I messaged my bestie yesterday & informed her that we desperately need a Girls' Day Out filled with mani/pedis & lunch. I just realized that I haven't seen her since my birthday - 12/21/12. Time really does fly when you're having fun.... or in our case when life gets busy. I know she's been busy with a death in the family, new job, enjoying the married life, etc. We text/call each other every now & then, but sometimes we let too much time pass before getting together.
Well, back to online house hunting & killing time... until next time... XoXo - HMBC

Comments
Post a Comment