Chex mix + House hunting + Afternoon lullabies = My Thursday afternoon

Well, back to the drawing board. The house that we were about to make an offer on is now off the market. I guess it was not meant to be. Honestly, my heart was not fully set on it. My parents were gung-ho about it because of the location. Of course they want us closer, so they can see Noah more often. Lane & I thought the house was decent, but it also needed a bit more work than we were really wanting to take on.

So, here I am snacking on Chex mix, listening to Noah's swing play the same lullabies over & over again & checking out random real estate sites. I know I should be pumping breast milk or vacuuming or getting another load of laundry done while he naps, but I'm tired. I couldn't sleep after Noah's midnight feeding. Stayed up checking emails, creating the weekend grocery list, looking at Mother's Day gift ideas & perusing the What To Expect First Year website while the boys slept. Crawled into bed around 2 AM. Noah was up again for a feeding at 4 AM. He was hyper, happy & talkative until minutes before Lane's 5:30 AM alarm for work. I honestly don't even remember Lane getting up for work. I semi-woke up when he left at 6 AM & then up again by 7 AM.

Even after 2 cups of Half & Half (decaf/caffeinated) coffee & 1 cup of sweet tea, I look & feel like a zombie. Well, a zombie with a little mascara + MAC blot powder. I guess it's time for this zombie to stop procrastinating & get back to house hunting before the little one wakes up from his nap.

Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC


Comments