Like a drum, baby don't stop beating...
Philip Philips is one of those artists that I had never heard of until I saw his video on Jump Start - VH1. Noah seems to like his single For You, specifically the line like a drum, baby don't stop beating. The music video & lyrics are sweet & make me smile. So, every time the song comes on, I tell Noah that his song is on. He tends to grin & giggle with delight.
So, I was flipping channels yesterday & stopped on the most ridiculous "reality" show. Something about spoiled Long Island wannabe princesses. Basically, spoiled, pretentious women making no significant contributions to society. Totally lame, and I can't believe the trash that is on TV these days. I am seriously considering getting rid of cable & maybe adding Hulu Plus. Of course I already added Netflix for the sole purpose of watching my all-time favorite show - Arrested Development. I actually liked the new season & look forward to whatever comes next.
Until next time XoXo - Banana Stand
It has been one of those long & tiring weeks. I find my patience growing thinner as I continue to hold things together. I am grateful for a handful of small things - family, friends, Lane & Noah. Things could always be worse, right? I hate complaining, but sometimes a girl just needs to vent or unload. My brain feels mushy. My back aches. I'm suffering from a visit from Aunt Flo & she brought the unpleasant visitors, Mr. Migraine & Mr. Cramps. Noah woke up around 11:45PM the other night with a shrill scream cry that made me leap out of bed & nearly have a heart attack. Ever since I started giving him rice cereal/oatmeal cereal more regularly, he's become.... well... irregular. Poor baby has had some major gas + constipation (lovely topic for discussion, huh?). I've tried gas drops, fruit purees & thinning out his cereal. However, it doesn't seem to help much. He's been uber fussy all day, screaming at the mama. This mama is now craving a nice chilled glass of Riesling or Moscato. However, I am still refraining from all alcohol until I completely stop exclusively pumping. Yeah, that whole process has been a pain in the ass too. I've slowly started cutting my pumping sessions or waiting longer between, but the engorgement pain is ridiculous. Oh, the joys of motherhood...
On another note, we have the consultation/2nd opinion appointment for Noah on Monday afternoon. We're also scheduled to close on the new house next week. Personally, the pessimist in me does not believe we are going to close on the date chosen. Lane seems to think everything will work out. However, he's not the one getting all the documents, statements & crap together. I will give him credit for entertaining Noah while I "work" on getting these documents, scanning & emailing them to the appropriate people.... answering phone calls & emails. I'll also give him credit for finally facing his mother, in order to obtain certain documents. Hopefully, this will all be over soon.
So, I was flipping channels yesterday & stopped on the most ridiculous "reality" show. Something about spoiled Long Island wannabe princesses. Basically, spoiled, pretentious women making no significant contributions to society. Totally lame, and I can't believe the trash that is on TV these days. I am seriously considering getting rid of cable & maybe adding Hulu Plus. Of course I already added Netflix for the sole purpose of watching my all-time favorite show - Arrested Development. I actually liked the new season & look forward to whatever comes next.
Until next time XoXo - Banana Stand

Comments
Post a Comment