Brrr...Chilly!

Last Monday

I'm watching Parenthood On Demand & sipping on coffee as Noah snores softly beside me. It's a new week and a new chance to live life to the fullest. Last week was rough. Noah had an ear infection + cold + 2nd year molars popping thru. He had a reaction to the Amoxicillin antibiotic that his pediatrician prescribed. After 2 days with a rash, more crankiness & a new antibiotic, he is finally starting to feel like his normal self.

This past Monday

I'm watching Parenthood On Demand & sipping on coffee as Noah snores softly beside me. It's a new week and a new chance to live life to the fullest. Haha. Perhaps this will be my fall Monday ritual. It's not a shabby way to start the week. 


So...The latest Walking Dead's season premiered recently. Thankfully, Noah fell asleep 10 minutes before it started. Hubby and I were worried that we would have to wait & just watch the episode On Demand later. We (mainly I) decided that we should probably take the whole parental discretion for violent television shows seriously. 

Noah's like a sponge and understands way more than he can communicate clearly. He's starting to parrot back words these days. The other night, during bath time, his alligator toy fell from the bath tub ledge & I said, "Uh-oh! Alligator down." Surpisingly, he repeated super clearly, "alla-gay-tour". The sudden proud grin spread across my face instantly, and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get him to repeat his new word (which he did repeat once more). Now, if the kid would only say "momma" or "mommy". 

On another note, signed up for my very first 5K a few weeks ago. I am NOT prepared for it. I have NOT trained the way I originally planned. I told myself that I would starting jogging with Noah in the new/old jogging stroller daily. Then, I adjusted my expectations to at least walking daily with jogging intervals. We have NOT had the time to walk/jog with the stroller daily. Where did my discipline go? Most likely, I will be walking 90% of my very first 5K. Ha.

It's mid-October and we've only had a handful of days that were not flip-flop weather. Those few crips days were perfect window-opening days, allowing fresh cool air to circulate the house. I like this part of autumn. However, the icy blast of winter is right around the corner and I am trying desperately to prevent myself from sinking into the hibernation funk that usually occurs. For being a child born on the winter solstice, I am ironically not a fan of the cold season. With or without snow, I tend to stay indoors during the winter. Cabin fever sinks in and I start feeling like a complete recluse.

This year, I am determined to fight the urge to cut myself (and Noah) off from the hustle & bustle of the cheerful holiday season. I will face my anxiety of crowded places and the cold outdoors, and we will continue participating in mommy group activities, story time, etc. I don't want Noah to develop the same only-child, socially awkward & extremely shy demeanor that I had as a kid. Even as an adult, I tend to avoid large crowded events, although the MBTI would explain that as my introverted personality type (INTJ). 

I often wonder if I screwed up by not taking Noah to story time or group baby activities when he was much younger. He still seems uncomfortable in larger play group activities and always wants to break away from the other toddlers. It takes him awhile to warm up to others, but he rarely shows any interest in kids his own age. He gravitates to older kids and adults. Last week, we attended a birthday party at a pumpking patch. He clung to me like Saran Wrap on the hayride. He refused to eat or drink anything. He did, however, find the corn maze and the elementary school kids zooming past him rather delightful. He laughed, giggled, smiled, clapped his hands, and chased after the big kids, as they nearly plowed him down and gave me a heart attack. 

The next day, I took Noah to storytime at the local Barnes & Noble. Most of the kids were older, and I figured he would enjoy it. However, once again, he clung to me and wouldn't even face the lady reading the stories. Once he started feeling comfortable with his surroundings, he decided we should walk around and check out the books/toys. We left with 2 Halloween books and a classic tv Fisher Price toy for 75% off. The toy is currently sitting in the closet, waiting to be wrapped for his birthday. 

On the note, I should probably get back to planning & preparing for Halloween, Noah's 2nd birthday, holidays, etc.... Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC







Comments