Be still my heart
Lately, the news has been scattered with horror stories of Ebola breakouts, ISIS terrorist attacks, enterovirus threatening kids, school shootings, etc. It's a scary world out there. My maternal instinct to worry constantly is on overdrive these days. How can parents keep their little ones safe and raise them survive a world like this? What kind of world will our little ones inherit?
Every now and then, I encounter something that warms my soul. A good story. A news report about someone doing something good. A miracle. A friend reporting happy news. A new song with powerful lyrics and entrancing musicality. A painting that inspires my peepers to appreciate a new perspective. A dish that tickles taste buds and leaves my tummy feeling full & happy. A feeling of pure love, bliss, inspiration & hope.
The other day I was driving across the James River Bridge. I was filled with a strong sense of amazement from the extreme beauty of my surroundings. The water shimmered a calm reflection, a lovely shade of deep blue. The color reminded me of Noah's newborn eyes, completely mesmerizing. The backdrop of a beautiful sunny afternoon, with golden and vibrant red autumn leaves filled me with peace and joyful contentment. For a moment, I contemplating waking my sleeping toddler and sharing the view.
Of course waking him was out of the question, but I began wondering just how he perceives the world? I imagine seeing the world with fresh toddler eyes is probably an exhilarating and thrilling experience. The sound from his squeals of excitement and laughter, the smile that spreads across his sweet face, reminds me that the world his not as hard and cold as it may seem at times. The innocence of a child inspires the greater good. Children give the adult soul a youthful appreciation to life and teach us to spend our time wisely. We learn so much from our little ones.
A friend of mine from Orlando (now in LA) recently released a short musical film. It's wonderful & I highly recommend checking it out!
It's very cool to see my creative & artistic friends & acquaintances, from my music days, acheive impressive goals. Watching others live them their dreams is rather inspiring. I am incredibily proud of the strength, persistence & passion that many of my friends have. I can only hope that Noah develops a dreamer's mind. A creative brain is more exciting than an analytical and pragmatic brain. I want him to have big dreams and feel the rush of living life to the fullest.
My little guy is turning 2 in just a few days. How did 2 whole years fly by so quickly? My little 4lb and 17 inch preemie baby is no longer teeny tiny. He is growing up right before my eyes, and I still find it so astonishing. Watching him learn new skills and words, and nurturing him with love, comfort and protection has truly been my greatest accomplishment in life. Nothing in my life has ever been so challenging an worthwhile than motherhood. I get it now....the whole "you'll understand when you become a mother" love proclamation that I've heard from my own mother, friends & family. I really do understand it now. Everything that I have endured, suffered, complained about, etc has been worth every single second.
Until next time... XoXo - HMBC











Comments
Post a Comment