Rubber ducky
π» It is almost summer! π» 2014 must be the year of speed. This year is flying by! I am desperately holding on to the heart strings of my not-actual-new-year-resolutions and grand desires of attainable goals, plans, and memories. Today my mini ninja is officially 1 1/2 years old aka 18 months old. I guess it's time to start planning his 2nd birthday. Ha. π
Spending quality time with loved ones and making memories seems to become more important, as we all age. Time is limited and spending it wisely, on things that actually matter, is essential. I believe we should all strive to make every second, minute, hour, day count. Why live life filled with worries and wasting our precious gift of time on trivial matters? I have learned, from wise mothers, that our little ones are only little for a very short time, and that snuggles and hugs should take precedence over mundane household chores. Dishes, laundry, and cleaning can all wait.
My father always says that we are not promised tomorrow. To me, that means we should live life to the fullest and treat each day like it could be our last. There is a OneRepublic song that fits this mantra. I always think of Noah when I hear it.
I Lived by OneRepublic
Hope that when you take that jump,
You don't feel the fall.
Hope when the water rises,
You built a wall.
Hope when the crowd screams out
It's screaming your name
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad
The only way you can know
Is give it all you have
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
Hope when the moment comes, you'll say
I..... I did it all
I..... I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup
Oh, oh
I wish that I could witness
All your joy
And all your pain
But until my moment comes
I'll say
I....I did it all
I....I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x4)
Worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Worth every broken bone
I swear I
I....I did it all
I....I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x2)
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x2)
You don't feel the fall.
Hope when the water rises,
You built a wall.
Hope when the crowd screams out
It's screaming your name
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad
The only way you can know
Is give it all you have
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
Hope when the moment comes, you'll say
I..... I did it all
I..... I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup
Oh, oh
I wish that I could witness
All your joy
And all your pain
But until my moment comes
I'll say
I....I did it all
I....I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x4)
Worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Worth every broken bone
I swear I
I....I did it all
I....I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah worth every broken bone
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x2)
I swear I lived
Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh (x2)
It's a great song. I highly recommend adding OneRepublic to your musical repertoire. Their first album is my favorite, but the most recent one is growing on me. Ryan Tedder is a genius songwriter/artist. I swear, someday, I will catch a live OneRepublic show.
Letting go, moving forward, and not allowing people or insignificant moments to hold one back, can be easier said than done. However, I think we all have a tendency to make things way more complicated than they should be. Life challenges and random complications help is grow, right? If things remained the same, would life become stagnant and boring?
My not-so-little cousin just closed on a condo in the NoVa/DC area. He recently was headhunted by a company in San Diego, and ironically received an offer on the same day he closed. He is currently negotiating terms and seriously considering the position. I think it could be a wonderful opportunity for him to experience living on the west coast. He's never moved out of state, not even for college. He is in his mid-20's and single. It's the perfect time for him to get out there and explore. Sure, the logistics of leasing or selling a brand new condo might be a pain in the ass. However, missing out such an opportunity would be such a pity.
On another note, hope everyone has had a wonderful spring and has a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! ππ»πΊπ
XoXo - HMBC
Rubber Ducky on display at The Hague in Norfolk
Grabbing Elmo by the eyeballs
Spiky hair kind of day
His reaction to his reflection?
And then, this face. Haha.
He now likes to swing. Hip hip hooray!
The many faces of Noah, during the battle of lunch.
Alice in Chains aka Kitty Bunny












Comments
Post a Comment