Spring fever
The Lennings remade the song One That I Want (from Grease), which was used on an episode of Parenthood. It's beachy and very much Jack Johnson meets Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole. To be honest, I like it better than the original. It's very rare that I like a remade version of a song verses the original.
So, Parenthood was my new Netflix guilty pleasure. As I tend to hibernate & catch up on TV shows during the bitterly cold winter. It's probably not the best use of my time, but when Noah is napping in my arms, I figure a little indulging is acceptable. However, I managed to finish watching all the available seasons of Parenthood, Hart of Dixie, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl & some Tim Alllen show that husband & I liked.
Noah is now officially 15 months old. He had a well baby checkup & shots last week. He was not happy about it. No tears, but definitely one growling, mad baby, red baby. He's only 21 lbs, but our peditrician reassurred me it's normal for his weight gain to slow down now that he is so active. It was difficult to get an accuate measurement for his height because he refused to lay down on the table. She wrote down 32-33 inches.
I feel like I am constantly saying how fast Noah is growing up. It just seems like time is flying and I'm desperately clutching on to these tiny precious moments. I still see my tiny little baby, when I hold him and rock him to sleep. However, I also see his personality peaking through, as he continues to grow and become the little man he is destined to be. I love how enamored he is with books. I'm pretty sure he got that from me. I also love how excited he gets with different songs. I truly hope he continues to appreciate fine literature and music as he grows up.
On a completely different topic, I purchased an elliptical. It was priced equivalent to 11 months of a gym membership. Sometimes, I semi-regret canceling my OneLife Fitness membership 3-4 months postpartum. I just could not fathom continuing to pay for something I had not used in such a long time. I know my husband will say that exercise via walking is free, but I felt like I need more options. Stroller walks are great for both Noah & I, but I wanted to be able to workout solo, when everyone is asleep. The elliptical will be here next week and I'm very excited.
Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's Day are right around the corner. I think husband and I may do a crawfish boil (he calls it low-country boil) this weekend. Maybe we'll even be able to snag a king cake at the grocery store. Any ways, until next time.... XoXo - HMBC











Comments
Post a Comment