Oh, this is gonna be a good life...
I remember when my Sundays used to consist of sleeping past 11AM, being slightly hungover, occasionally getting dolled up for brunch with acquaintances, and lounging lazily, guilt-free. Nowadays, it's Sunday Fun Days à la family-styled...and it's pretty sweet! Sundays are all about big yummy breakfasts, cartoons in bed, shopping, house projects, parks, cuddling on the couch, dinner at the parents' house, and procrastinating laundry. To be honest, I really don't miss those wild days of being a carefree young adult. I never realized how fulfilling my life, with a family, could truly be. The love and joy of parenthood can really transform an individual into a better human being.
Noah makes me a better person. I find myself filled with a strong desire to be the best possible version of me. I want Noah to have good role models. I want him to be a loving, compassionate, ethical, kind, intellectual, enthusiastic, creative, opinionated, motivated, practical, heroic, curious, strong, polite, humorous, and humble gentleman. He's such an amazing tiny human already, and I feel so blessed to be a part of every moment spent with him. Watching and raising him, as he learns and masters new skills and grows into a little man, has been incredibly rewarding & entertaining.
However, being a mommy can definitely be rough & tough too. Parenthood is very different from what I expected. The books, mommy forums, family and friends with kids, and movies did not fully prepare me for what the mommy-job entails. This past week has been beyond exhausting. I caught a cold from one of the random elderly patients hacking up a lung in the waiting room of my doctor's office. I went in for a follow-up appointment/blood pressure check and walked out a pending scratchy/sore throat, which turned into congestion, sneezes & coughs. Of course, my cold spread to both baby and husband. We've all been pretty miserable the past few days. It sucks when your kid is sick. It sucks even more when you're sick too. It's not like you can take a break from being mommy, when your toddler is clinging on to you and demanding snuggles because he feels awful. I've definitely learned to grin and bear it, for the sake of making Noah as comfortable as possible. Also, trying to get a smile or giggle out of a whiny, grumpy kid, as a distraction from feeling crappy, is much harder when you really want to just curl up into a little ball and get some zZzZz's yourself.
I have learned the importance of teamwork. My husband and I definitely make a good team. We lean on each other when the going gets tough and make things run smoothly. We're usually pretty in sync with how to tackle obstacles. For example, when Noah puked all over me and our bed the other night, husband and I were like choreographed dancers performing an unspoken ballet. I am grateful for his calm demeanor, which complements my typical panic and pandemonium. We are opposites in so many ways, yet it works out great. I don't think I've ever met anyone who truly "gets" me the way he does.
Any ways, enough of the sappy stuff... Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC










Comments
Post a Comment