Firsts


September 5, 2013 = Noah took his 1st unassisted steps


October 11,2013 = Noah's 1st tooth



October 23, 2013 = today = Noah is 11 months old



Time flies! Seriously, my mini ninja is going to 1 next month! It still feels like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. I cannot believe how fast he is growing up.

I have this running list of Noah's milestones on my phone. However, since I'm not one of those so-called "perfect moms", I've noticed some missing data & gaps. This has made me contemplate all of the things I wish I would have done, purchased, not purchased, etc. over these past 11 months. For example, I wish I would have taken monthly photos with some sort of indicator or sign, to make it easier to sort & organize photos. Also, I wish I would have invested in just one good stroller, like a BOB, verses the multiple strollers (yes, multiple) we've purchased. 

During my pregnancy, we discovered this cute consignment boutique called Pea Soup in Yorktown. Lane was so excited about this secondhand Eddie Bauer stroller with a matching messenger diaper bag. I disliked this particular stroller because it was bulky, old, hard to navigate & not in the best condition. However, it was only $20 & was literally the first item that Lane purchased for Noah. It held some sentimental value, but we ended up donating it after it was accidentally left in Lane's truck bed during a rainy weekend. 

The Graco Snap & Go stroller frame was pretty awesome for awhile. Although we still have him in the infant carseat, we stopped using the Snap & Go a few months ago. We replaced it with a lightweight, semi-compact First Years stroller. It looks like a glorified umbrella stroller and has been decent, so far. However, it does not seem very comfy for little man. Therefore, perhaps a jogging stroller will be on our Christmas wish list this year.

On another note, mini ninja & Inhave been under the weather since the weekend. Low-grade fever & teething for him. Stuffy nose, watery eyeys, chills & body aches for me. Noah has been rebelling against sleeping any where NOT next to the mama. Since, I'm paranoid & filled with fear & anxiety over the idea of bed sharing, I refuse to fall asleep when we let him lay in our bed. Since he has never actually STTN, I'm completely used to waking up a few times for a bottle or pacifier demand. Usually, we snuggle with him for 10-15 mins & then relocate him back to his own bed. He now wakes up the moment we place him in his bed & proceeds to stand up grumpily, demanding that someone pick him up. If you deny him, it escalates to an angry sob fest. 

The whole CIO method does not seem to work for us. Perhaps, I'm too much of a softy, but I just can't leave my sweet baby in such a distressed, sad state, knowing I can comfort him so easily. My dad says he has me wrapped around my finger & I'm going to have a spoiled baby. Personally, I do not believe one can legitimately spoil a baby. It seems spoiling would require a comprehension of manipulation tactics. Perhaps, my lack of brain and child education shows my ignorance, but I do not believe his prefrontal cortex is at that growth just yet. On the other hand, Noah will most likely be an only child, like me. Therefore, the possibility of being spoiled may be inevitable. (:

So, it has been 11 months & I've lost all the baby weight, gained some back, lost more & maintained my chubby self. However, I'm ready to lose more of the fat. I told my husband that we were cutting out sodas to save money, but the truth is that it's mainly for our health. My husband has & his superior genetics have not managed to escape the wrath of sugary beverages. He's put on a few lbs & has complained about the snugness of his pants recently. Also, the dude desperately needs to see a dentist. Cavities are rotting away his teeth & oral health is obviously an important factor to overall health. What is it about guys & not wanting to make appointments to see doctors or dentists?

Any ways, it's time to crawl out of bed & get this day started. Until next time... XoXo - HMBC








Comments