Wake me up when September ends...

Green Day lyrics in my head. Not sure why. Maybe it's the ever changing weather & pending crisp autumn air just on the horizon. Or perhaps it's the rocky start to the month. More about that later....

Last weekend was a teaser for the fall. This weekend we're pushing 90 degrees, hot summer sunshine & chances of t-storms. Noah & I only walked for 15-20 minutes the other morning because of the heat. That same morning, we had planned to attend a play date at a park/sports complex in Williamsburg. However, Noah was rebelling against everything. He did not want to eat or wear clothes or take a nap or get in the carseat. However, he did comply with the new stroller. The walk must have worn him out a bit. We came home & he chugged a bottle + fell asleep in my arms. I feel like this baby has been teething for several months, but still no teeth. He keeps flashing that giant gummy grin though. :D

On another note, my gut-spidey-senses have been on overdrive the past 24 hours. It started with a visit to my parents store yesterday early afternoon. My mom purchased a new car - technically not "new", a 2011. After a morning of flower/plant shopping, husband, baby Noah & I headed over to see her new wheels. Before going for a test drive, a pair of overly-enthusiastic customers stopped in. They were dressed like church-goers & sporting a red Pontiac 2-door convertible. They stayed in the store for quite awhile, asking my father about prices & products, buying something cheap & coming in & out of the store suspiciously. It was definitely suspicious behavior & there was no way in HELL I was going to test drive my mother's car, leaving my infant with them, while these people were still there. After they finally, left, I mentioned to my husband that they  gave me the heebee geebees. He agreed & we went on with our day.

At 1AM, Noah woke up very cranky & demanded a bottle. During his feeding, I silenced my cell phone to prevent email alerts to wake him back up. I considered turning the volume back on, just in case of an emergency. However, I figured if anyone really needed to get in contact with me, they could call my husband's phone. At 3AM, the emergency occurred.

I woke up to the sound of Lane's phone ringing. Grabbed my phone & saw a missed call from my parents' store. I immediately called back & popped out of bed to spring into action. A break-in occurred & my mom was hoping Lane could come help my father clean up the mess. Some idiots stole a van from a daycare/academy & drove it thru the doors of my parents' store. Our cameras show a van pulling in & out of the parking lot several times with a Caucasian passenger. They backed into the doors & smashed through the security gates, planning to jump out & steal product. However, the alarm apparently scared them away. So, these motherf*ckers run away, leaving us to clean up mess. They returned the van to the school & fled. Hopefully, the cops will figure out their identities & lock them up. I'm grateful no one was at the store & nothing was taken. However, I'm saddened by the criminal mentality of these individuals who violated my family's place of business. My parents bust their a$$, working 7 days a week, pinching every penny & these holligans destroys their sense of security. It's infuriating. I want revenge. I want justice. These people need to be caught before they do any more damage or hurt someone else.

My gut is telling me that the 2 customers from earlier yesterday are involved. I am 99.9% certain they were casing our store. :(

Any ways, my poor father & husband have been at the store all morning cleaning up the mess. Baby Noah & I took my sleepy & devestated mother home to rest. Headed back to bring the guys more coffee & some breakfast. 

Until next time - XoXo - HMBC

Comments