Go ninja, go ninja, go!
Busy days. Busy nights. I feel like the Energizer Bunny, minus the energy. I just keep going & going & going... Noah loves pulling himself up to standing while on our bed. He holds onto my fingers & then jumps/bounces as mama exclaims, "Go ninja, go ninja, go! Go Noah, go Noah, go!" It's exhausting, but very cute. (:
Last week sucked a little. It was a week of the husband working 10+ hour days. Overtime extra money is great, but this mama's sanity was been pushed to the max. I honestly did not think I would survive the week. Hormones raging + the uncertainty of other worries + a teething/growing/mobile baby + sleep deprivation pushed me to the brink of madness. It's new week & so far we're trying to "just keep swimming...just keep swimming..."
Last Thursday, I RSVPed for an afternoon playdate in a Williamsburg neighborhood park. Noah & I were 20 minutes into our drive when I realized that iPhone Apple maps was no longer talking to me. Cell phone died & my charger was "borrowed" many months ago. So, rather than wander aimlessly around Williamsburg, we decided retail therapy would help our disappointment. $120 sometime dollars later & I now have more birthday/Christmas gifts for Noah + a few cute Halloween outfits + more long-sleeve onesies for the pending autumn weather. On another note, I was worried the new mons group would decide to give us the boot for being so flakey.
Friday, the weather is gorgeous! Lovely sunny skies + weather in the upper 70's = great time to take the stroller out. Too bad the big comfy full stroller was stuck at my parents' store. I kicked, stuffed & crammed it into my Beetle's passenger seat last Monday, since the Snap-N-Go was left in Lane's truck. Driving with one hand on a bulky stroller beside me was not easy & probably not very safe. Hence, leaving it at the parents' store.
Today, we went to the James County recreation center park. Originally, the new moms group planned a recurring Tuesday morning park play date. Wet grass seemed to be a concern, so a mom suggested this rec center. The playground is rather cushiony & unique. Originally designed for children with special needs, it had very cool equipment, including a giant xylophone & spiny seat cups. Noah enjoyed sitting on mama & swinging. Noah also seemed to enjoy the attention from baby girl Phoebe - an adorable Dec 2012 baby with a very nice mama. The other mom who showed was a former school psychologist, who ended up marrying an attorney. Her little one, Jack was a little over a year - 14 months, I believe. She mentioned attending W&M for graduate school & her hubby attended W&M for law school. I found that rather interesting & coincidental. Phoebe's mom, Mary, is a military wife, originally from San Fransico. She does cloth diapering & very much reminded me of my college friend, Angelica.
It was nice to get out of the house & interact with other moms for a bit. The same group is having another play date on Thursday afternoon & Saturday there will be a cookout in Norfolk. I RSVP'ed for both, but still do not if we will make it to both. Weekends seem to be filled with running errands & working on house projects. We still have a few boxes, but mainly we're trying to get things organized + pick up items that we still need - new dinette table/set, steam mop, baby proofing items, window treatments, new entertainment/TV stand, frames, etc.
Husband & I have been trying to keep out lines of communication open between us. I have noticed that the amount if sleep I get, directly correlates with how much I like Lane. I snap at him at the drop of a dime, when I am very sleep deprived. I tend to be cranky when I get less than 4 hours per night.
I also tend to be cranky when I feel overwhelmed or stressed. So cranky that my mouth will spit out mean, harsh words without a second thought. My mom almost dropped Noah yesterday. I bit my tongue, but was seething. Then, my cocky dad decided that he could hold Noah better & more secure than my mother. I asked him not to lift Noah a certain way because he recently started throwing his head back, to look upside down & kicks off of your chest. He is getting stronger, so when he kicks a) it hurts b) it throws people off guard & c) it's dangerous. My mom experienced this & was very shaken. My dad saw it more as a challenge. I was not in the mood to fight with him over the reasoning behind why I did not want him to provoke or encourage Noah's behavior. For the sake of his safety & respect for my wishes, one woulda assume the man would refrain from being pig-headed. Nah, he decides to offend me further & make me feel like some overprotective freak for trying to keep my baby from having a possible, completely avoidable, accident. So, we left.
Any ways, on another topic, I managed to lose a measly 2lbs. It's tough, but it's a start. I've been trying to eat better, with a few cheats over the weekend. Working out is another story. I have been walking Noah around the neighborhood occasionally. The bugs suck, so I am starting to consider the nearby mall. I still don't know about the Labor Day 5K. It's a bit pricy for walking & having people throw paint on me, baby & stroller. Not sure if Noah will be okay with sitting in the stroller for that long. I wonder how feeding would work. Hmmm...we shall see. (:
Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC




Comments
Post a Comment