Spring has sprung.
It's been awhile.
It's a new year. Spring is finally in the air, after the snowmageddon of 2015. We had over 2 weeks of snow, which refused to melt. Hubby ended up having an extended winter vacation, dipping into his future vacation hours at work. The cabin fever was rough. My clumsy encounter with a patch of ice on our driveway was even rougher. I was carrying Noah when I fell. Thank God for super mommy reflexes. I managed to prevent him from touching the pavement completely. I guess I was lucky that I still had all that extra holiday weight to cushion my fall. π
So, we survived the brutal winter. Hubby & I swear that we will someday relocate to a much warmer climate.... a warm tropical island, with beautiful dark blue ocean waters, luscious pillowy green grass, and gorgeous majestic sunsets. We may need to win (or at least play) the lottery first.
π₯π·ππΌπΈπ£ππ£πΈπΌππ·π₯
Easter is right around the corner and Noah is getting spoiled this year. My parents bought him a swing set for our backyard. Nothing too elaborate or fancy, but still super awesome. His Easter basket is already packed with yummy treats, toys & Big Hero 6 on DVD. He seemed to enjoy the preview of that movie, so hopefully he will actually want to watch it. It's rare that he actually sits through an entire film, but he loves to watch the Despicable Me movies + Shrek + Frozen + his Baby Babble DVDs.
We're skipping the typical mall Easter bunny photo this year. Noah wasn't too thrilled about it last year. Although he didn't cry, I ended up holding him in my lap, while hubby stood beside us for the. photo. Neither one of us were expecting to be in the photo, so unfortunatly it was a rather unflattering family picture.
This year, we are planning to take Noah to his 1st Easter egg hunt, at a nearby church. Maybe there will be bunny photo opportunities there. The church is in our neighborhood, and we have talked about checking it out since we moved in. Although hubby and I aren't exactly super religious, we both agree that there would be positive benefits to exposing Noah to church. My hope is that church and religious experiences will help surround him with a diverse group of people with good values and moral character.
Any ways, until next time... XoXo - HMBC






Comments
Post a Comment