Farewell 2014 & Welcome 2015 + Happy Holidays
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... and the end of 2014. Oh, the memories that have been shared! All the laughter, the tears, the smiles, the firsts, the lasts, the magical moments created, over the months, have been so incredible. I have watched my sweet baby transform into a rambunctious & bubbly toddler.
Noah is 2 years old. His birthday party was small, but filled with lots of love. It's still pretty amazing just how fast 2 years has flown by. My teeny-tiny baby is becoming more independent and opinionated every passing minute. I wish I could bottle his energy and add it to my morning coffee. He's always in the go & rarely will sit still for more than 5 minutes. He loves grabbing my hand and dragging me around the house. However, when daddy is home or when grandma & grandpa are visiting, he will literally push momma out of a room, so he can just hang out with one of them. He thinks it's hilarious. He can be so headstrong and stubborn at times, but he is also full of so much love. Noah's hugs and kisses are seriously the best things in the world.
So, it's Christmas Eve & I still have a handful of presents to wrap + brownies to bake. We decided that Santa might like a break from all the cookies and enjoy a plateful of brownies instead. Why conform to the traditional Christmas cookie, when brownies are even yummier? Maybe this will be one of our own family traditions.
Speaking of traditions, last year, we let Noah open a Christmas Eve gift before bedtime. The plan was to make his annual Christmas Eve gift some sort of Christmas book, which could be incorporated into his whole bedtime story time. Apparently, we forgot about the whole plan for a family tradition because we failed to purchase a Christmas book this year. The weather is predicting 80% chance of rain/t-storms (but a nice balmy 70 degrees), so the chances of this momma (or maybe hubby) running out for last minute gifts & stocking stuffers are pretty slim.
As much as I would actually love to go out & buy a few more items, we've already gone over budget. I'm trying to avoid adding anything else to the piling credit card debt, before it gets out of control. Besides, the physical gifts do not truly matter, right? The time spent with family & friends, creating memories & bonding over delicious food + the whole Jesus story is the whole true meaning of Christmas, right? As new parents, of course we feel the urge to spoil him with fancy, cool toys, but I want to instill something deeper and more important with him. Sure, the whole religious aspect is special (although my husbands seems to disagree), but I feel the yeaning to be with & appreciate loved ones is truly important. I want him to always cherish the idea of being home for Christmas...even when he's all grown up & no longer believes in the magic of Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, etc.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!
XoXo - HMBC
























Comments
Post a Comment