Well, that happened...

We were recently reared-ended at an intersection. Everyone, including Noah, is fine. Proving statistics accurately, it happened less than 5 miles from home. We were in the left turn lane, with two cars in front of us. The green arrow diminished, leaving the yielding green light for continued left turns. The first car stopped too quickly, causing everyone to break hard. The Jeep behind us did not stop in time, but did try to avoid the collision by turning slightly right. My rear right side & light were smashed up a bit, but everyone was able to drive away unharmed. 


I left my car at the collision center the other day. Apparently, it is "not drivable" and will be out of commission for about 3  weeks. My insurance company put me in a rental - ironically, a RAV4. I'm glad my insurance company will handle getting compensated from the guy's insurance company. Dealing with that has been surprisingly stress-free, so far.

Despite the weekend of unexpectedness, we were still able to enjoy some family time. We took Noah back to the beach at Ft. Monroe. He loved it! Last year, he was terrified by the sounds of the gentle waves crashing and wind howling. This year, he was a little beach bum, ready to explore the sandy paradise.





On another note, nostalgia surrounds me, as I recently reactivated my FB account. I did it primarily to connect with the other moms in the mommy group that I recently joined. However, reconnecting with some of my close friends in Florida, California, etc has been rather refreshing. Seeing old photos brings back so many fun memories. It amazes me just how far we have all come. More and more of my music, high school, college & grad school friends now have beautiful families. A few have truly surprised me. We're all grown up now. 😋

Of course, some memories are probably best staying in the past. I received a surprisingly email from an ex-boyfriend/old friend. It was nice rehashing pleasant memories...until it got awkward...and a little uncomfortable. For a split second, I had that stupid school girl giddiness and fluttering of emotions. Then, I realized that we are all in our 30's and I am now a happily married woman with my own family. 

Loyality and trust have always been sacred to me, and my relationship with my husband has never been or ever will be compromised, at least not on my end. It's normal for individuals to keep a small place in their hearts for those first loves. However, it should never be comparable to the love that one holds for their spouse or partner. I hope that particular ex-boyfriend finds true love and happiness someday. And that, my friend, is closure. 

On another note, Father's Day is around the corner. Husband is getting matching daddy and son UGA shirt/onesie. My dad is getting a polo shirt. Cards have been signed with crayon by Noah. I'm hoping the weekend is filled with tons of fun, lots of laughter, and memorable moments. I think we're planning to take Noah to the dinosaur expo at the Virginia Living Museum, also. 

Until next time.... XoXo - HMBC











Comments