Prayers - DC

I did my undergraduate college internship at NAVAIR Orlando & distinctly recall thinking that someday I would want to work at the DC office - NAVSEA. When I quit graduate school, I never thought that my not-so-little-cousin, who is like a little brother to me, would be the one to land a job at NAVSEA. 

Today, he's at work, on lockdown, while shooters have attacked innocent people. It happened in a different building & he joked about not getting his morning coffee, but I'm on high alert, filled with worry. His mother, my aunt, flew to Korea this morning & has no idea that her son is stuck at work during such a terrifying situation. 

Why would someone do something so horrific? This seems to be a question that I find myself asking fairly frequently these days. Mass shootings, bombings, chemical attacks & terrorism occurring too often. What the hell is going on? Why are people with death wishes resorting to such violence? 

My thoughts & prayers go out to all the friends & families of the victims from today's events. I hate feeling so helpless & being on standby to hear back from my cousin. Hope everyone in DC stays safe & they catch the perpetrators very soon.


Noah & Uncle Tim aka my not-so-little cousin

Comments